Monday, November 30, 2009

Chicken Thief



So while I was at work today my boyfriend sent me a picture message on my phone of Kiwi. Apparently the picture above is his idea of a good way to warm up on a rainy, cold, November day. Hey, I guess whatever works! He apparently stayed in this position for 20 minutes and was very content.

But any who, I am going to tell an older story about something that Kiwi has done. Lets see.....I think I am going to let you in on his stealing chicken out of the sink days. When I first got him he caught on really quick about finding good food on counter tops and in sinks. I always have thawed my chicken out in the sink before I cooked it for dinner. Apparently chicken is his favorite. He has stolen chicken numerous times from me, but the funniest would have to be when it was from my mother's sink.

I had to move back in with my mom for a short period of time, and I brought him with me. He had to share his temporary home with her 3 dogs(1st pic). Ruby: the Jack Russell Terrier Woody: The Poodle/Maltese/Chihuahua/Pug mix (we had him blood tested) I just like to call him a Mexican Sewer Rat & Greta: the lab/shepherd mix we rescued as a 2 day old pup. Anyways, back to the story, my mom absolutely couldn't stand Kiwi. He was always causing her problems and being a total brat for her. Well she was fixing dinner and the chicken of course was thawing in the sink. I was in the living room and then all of a sudden I hear cursing and banging, and Kiwi comes dashing around the corner carrying a chicken breast bigger than his head. My mom was chasing and throwing whatever she could find at him. Kiwi spazzed and dropped his kill and the dogs trailing behind all of the commotion, swooped in and grabbed the chicken before she could. The winner: Greta.

1 comment:

  1. At least your not board with your animal household. lol What a hoot!...debbie

    ReplyDelete